Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Featured Arcade Game of the Month! (Blox)

.:BLOX:.
Games, games, and more games so many games to play so little time. I myself am a big time gamer, I enjoy playing MMOG’s and action games on counsels like the Xbox360 and the PS3. But I wanted to incorporate gaming into SmallWorlds. What better way to do that than to feature a SmallWorlds arcade game once a month and write up a review on the game in order to spark the interest of my fellow SmallWorld citizens. If you would like to suggest a game of the month or have an idea to improve this article send me a message in game or leave a comment. ;)

This month I would like to shine the spotlight on a classic game with a new name. The featured game of the month is “Blox”. You may recall it looking similar to Tetris, well it is! It has the same game play, and the buttons and whistles but it is programmed to run with the SW software. Not only is this a classic game and overly addictive but SW offers a daily tournament that takes the top 3 scores and splits out a large sum of Tokens. They are split among the top three as follows,

The game play: Well what can I say? The game play is what is expected of a game of Tetris. Increasing speed depending on the level you excel makes it even more intense. I would say once you hit around 1,000 points or so you definitely notice a jump of speed. But if you think that is hard then you have a real surprise coming when it hits around 1,700 points it becomes almost impossibly fast, but anything is possible.

Tactics: There is a way to slow it down per say. As you can notice this isn’t the most complicated game in the world so the tactics themselves will not be that complicated either. There is a “Pause” button on the right side while you are playing the game. I always have my mouse hovering over that button the entire game. As the levels get harder and if you’re a little backed up on lines then it never hurts to press pause. Give yourself some time to decide where to put each one. The game isn't going to strike you down with lighting for giving yourself some time to think. :P After awhile the game will almost become second nature to you. You will move blox without even thinking.

Why play it? After some practice and skill building you will be a pro at Blox in no time. It might not be very entertaining after you have played it hundreds of times (figure of speech) but it’s a great way to make tokens. The average top score is around 1,700 give or take, so it cand be hard to beat on certain days and others not so hard. But you can always go for second or third. As you can see the rewards in the picture I posted above, a few thousand tokens never hurt anyone, so go give it a try and see what you can do.

Game Info: Costs 50 Tokens per day to participate in the tournament. Can be found in any "Action" arcade machine.

Go out and try playing Blox, you could be the winner of the next daily tournament! And have some pizza because pizza is good..yummm. :P

-JakeSnipes
SmallWorlds Blogger

6 comments:

  1. Great tips on the game...I wondered how on earth people could possibly come close to the top daily scores!! This is one of my favorite time killers already and now I have new tech. to pratice!! See you all in the tournaments soon!!
    Phyre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use some of the tips I gave. It's a great time killer when you get time. I havn't had much time to play recently. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bet no one could beat me at asteroids :P hehe
    last time i played i got 142000 on my score then i quit coz got board.
    i don't mind this game pretty boring coz im not good at it lol
    thanks for reading.
    i am a follower hehe but i also have a blog myself no pictures they wont come up :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. sell csgo skins

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    sell csgo skins for real money

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. Nerve Control 911

    ReplyDelete