Thursday, December 11, 2008

Citizen Highlight

.:Spectacular Artist:.
Today I come to my blog to write about an amazing artist I discovered who deserves to be recognized. I am sure you have seen her around on the forums or even have visited her art gallery in game. Her amazing techniques and breath taking paintings steal the spotlight from any show. Who is this person you ask yourselves? This talented artist I would like to recognize is Peggo Beta. She has been a member of SW since June of 2008 and has a passion for art and painting. If you haven’t seen any of her paintings then I strongly suggest you go to her gallery called “Peggo’s Art Gallery” or her shared gallery called “P&R Art Gallery”.

When I first entered her gallery I thought wow she just bought some picture frames and added a pictures to them big deal, then my common sense kicked in. I noticed they were graffiti boards. I kept walking towards the paintings in awe as the fascinating paintings glowed with perfection. I guess you could say I am an art fan. Maybe I don’t know the names of all the famous painters or who were the best crafters of their day but an art fan can be someone who admires paintings. I plan on collecting SW paintings and starting a museum. But enough about me :P Once I saw the paintings I knew that I needed to speak with the creator. So I pursued an interview and Peggo was happy to accept my offer.

(Start of interview)
Q=Question
A=Answer

Q: Thank you Peggo for having an interview with me today I really appreciate it.
A: Thank you for asking.

Q: What inspired you to start painting on SmallWorlds?
A: I couldn't resist the challenge of the graffiti wall.

Q: What sets you apart from other SmallWorlds artists?
A: That’s for others to decide. But I do try to squeeze every last drop of paint out of the program.

Q: How do you choose what you want to paint?
A: At first I painted whenever I was around my desk. Then when I got some mastery over the paint program I tried doing images I liked from photos.

Q: What was your favorite painting you created and why?
A: I'm fond of Heavenly Peace...the sleeping baby. It reminds me of Reebee's sculpted babies.

Q: What would you say to artists who want to improve there skills?
A:Keep practicing! Try experimenting, and don't be afraid if it doesn't look right at first. My Undo button is used a lot. :)

Q: Have any special paintings coming out?
A: I have a couple of Winter themed paintings I'm just finishing up. There are so many great suggestions in my guest books, it may take a while to get to them all.

Q: Thanks for your time and I am a big fan of your work.
A: Thank you for your interest in my work.

(End of interview)

Now you have it, the words of an inspirational artist. I really appreciated her giving me the time to have an interview. I am not much of a professional but like Peggo said “Keep practicing!” I couldn’t have said it better. With a little practice and elbow grease or should I say elbow paint, anything is possible. That’s the theme I like to keep on my blog that anything is possible. Yes it’s just a game you may say but being inspired on here can inspire you in the real world.

Peggo is just one of the amazing citizens pondering around SmallWorlds. There are artists, gamers, explorers and more! So many people that have talent, I plan on writing about at least one person a month. I know I know everything is almost monthly but that way when you want to go back and look at stories all you have to do is click on that month and all the articles will be in order.

On a quick note here Peggo also has paintings for sale if you would like to have one of your very own. It will run you about 175,000 to 200,000 tokens, she plans on moving to selling them in Gold is it costs less for peopel. Stop right there..I know what you are thinking..It’s too much. That’s not the case. She spends lots of time and long learned and practiced skill to make such incredible paintings. She can’t spend 24/7 a day painting for a game. This way it’s more exclusive to own one and it’s something even I myself am preparing to purchase one of. After you see her paintings you will want to save up for one also :P

So go have some fun and try to paint a nice painting for your space or even as a gift for your all your friends at Christmas. Be sure to check out "Peggo's Art Gallery" and just remember that even if you get frustrated painting never give up and don't be afraid to redo things to make them look right.

-JakeSnipes
SmallWorlds Blogger

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Peggo. Nice piece Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mitch :)
    I think I might be one of Peggo's biggest fans :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggo I envy your patience and eye for color use as texture. I'm a pencil sketcher so graffiti is my nemisis lol, I pratice every day though for a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggo is Awesome!! Jake, I loved your Blog ^.^

    ~>Candy Sweet<~

    ReplyDelete