Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Update! New items, missions and more!

Let me start off by saying Merry Christmas! This is our first Christmas here at World of SmallWords. The complaints about the update being late are now silenced as the SmallWorlds Staff released an incredible and unforgettable update. Let’s get started there is a lot to cover so hang in there while we go on our Christmas journey.

The official Christmas update was released and there are tons of great items, missions, and more. If you are a collector of items or collectables I strongly suggest you head off to the “Featured Place” called “Merry Xmas” found in the “Places” option. Upon entering the room Christmas music is playing, lights are flashing, and you can smell freshly prepared food in the air.

There are numerous items so I will post some pictures of the main items and a list of the new items available along with the items prices.

New Item List, (G=Gold, T=Tokens)

Random items:
-Mistletoe (5 G, 50 T)
-Super Snowball (10 G, 100 T)
-Personal Single Firework (5 G, 50 T)

Space Items, (Your place, home etc.)
-Christmas Tree (40G, 400T)
-Xmas Wall Lights (20G, 200T)
-Deluxe Christmas Tree (80G, not available in tokens)

Food Items,
-Root Bear/Eggnog? (3G, 30T)
-Tree, Star, and Candy Cain Xmas Cookies (3G, 30T)
-Plum Pudding (4G, 40T)
-Grape Juice (3G, 30T)
-Roast Chicken (3G, 30T)
-Steak Dinner (3G, 30T)
-Cup Cake (3G, 30T)

Those are most of the items. If I missed any it’s because I didn’t add them or I didn’t see them. :P Some other cool things that SmallWorlds added was that all the doors will automatically have reefs on them and all fireplaces will automatically have stockings. I hope I get some candy in my stocking. Enjoy :D

A great new feature they released with this update was the ability to send presents to your friends. To do this you go to your “Inventory” then click the item you wish to give to them. Then “Give item to a friend” then on the bottom of that screen it has the option of what color and size of the box you want it in. Also it give you the option to set a date when the person receiving it can open the gift. It’s an extravagant idea and it is a very unique feature that will make this Christmas in SmallWorlds even more special. So why not brighten up your friend’s day and give them a gift this holiday season?

I didn’t even catch this till now. There is a present from Santa SmallWorlds in my inventory? I am guessing everyone on SmallWorlds received one. The real question is what’s in it? It is not able to be opened till the 25th of December. Could it be the long so called promised “Elf” Hat people are raving about? Not sure but it’s really exiting trying to guess what’s in it.

Some missions that are out are “Naughty or Nice” mission. I really enjoyed it but the only glitch was that the door was in a corner and it’s required for multiple parts of the mission. It was really blocked and hard to get to the door. So many people flooded the place it was insane! I suggest you do it it’s a well planned well organized quest and it’s really a lot of fun. :P

I am not sure if SmallWorlds brings back some of the same items every year or not but a few games I know do not. So if you’re looking to have some rare items now would be a good time to stock up. I think I purchased around 10 of everything and I don’t plan on getting rid of them. I guess I could be considered a collector :P

The one and only thing that disappointed me a little was how the Christmas lights are so small..It takes about 10 of them just to fill one side of my small default space. However the cheaper price makes up for it a little bit but still is frustrating trying to align 40 lights around all your walls.

So go head down to “Merry Xmas” you might find me drinking some Eggnog and eating some cookies (Ya for calories). Maybe buy a Christmas Tree and crank up the Christmas tunes and have a party with all your friends. I am sorry if this article isn't super long but I want to enjoy this as much as you do. Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy the holiday update while it lasts.

I will be adding more photos and info over the next few days. Just wanted to get this out :P

Me and Snuffles enjoying eggnog and pretty lights :P















-Jake Snipes
SmallWorlds Blogger

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Mitch. I plan on adding more detailed info and pictures within the next few days. Your one of my top Commenters. There should be an award for that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to check out the donkey head potion, it has been changed into a famed Christmas time animal as well!! It's not getting enough press either!! LOL and did anyone notice that the ham is not sitting on a plate?? It's just sitting there on the table??!! Funny stuff, good article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha really? I will have to add that. Thanks :P

    ReplyDelete